Friday, October 11

Paul Carrack & Nick Lowe - Kansas City 1982 (soundboard)

Uptown Theatre
Kansas City, MO
October 29, 1982

soundboard (quality VG++; good, full sound for a source tape of this era)
That's Paul on the left and Nick, 4th from left. This is Nick's "Noise to Go" band.
These are well-written, well-sung, and very well-performed tunes from around the same time The dB’s were hitting their stride. If you usually enjoy the stuff I post, give this one a listen and leave a comment letting me know what you think.

QUITE LARGE THANKS to persic, markp and Edge

01. A Little Unkind
02. I'm In Love
03. Don't Give My Heart a Break
04. Tempted
05. Stick It Where the Sun Don't Shine
06. My Heart Hurts
07. Mary Provost
08. Always Better With You
09. From Now On
10. Burnin’
11. Cruel to Be Kind
12. Switchboard Susan
13. I Need You
14. I Found Love
15. (I Love the Sound of) 
      Breaking Glass
16. Cracking Up
17. How Long
18. band intros
19. Lesson In Love
20. Heart of the City
21. applause, hooting, cat calls, etc.
22. So Right, So Wrong
23. I Knew the Bride (When She 
      Used to Rock and Roll)
24. crowd goes wild
25. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, 
      Love & Understanding

TT: 77 mins. 25 secs.


At the time of this tour, Paul Carrack had released his best solo album, Suburban Voodoo and Nick Lowe released his well-received Nick the Knife. As evidenced by this show, a combo tour turned out to be a really good idea.



2 comments:

  1. is this recording a little speeded-up? Sounds it to me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's possible. You probably know how it is with old cassette tapes: someone makes a dub of someone else's master, and the speed gets a bit chipmunked in the process...

      Delete

NO SPAM! I monitor all comments for spam & unrelated promo comments, all of which are deleted immediately. Don't waste your time...